Charleston Pest Control Tips for the Winter
Your Charleston Pest Control Guide: How to Keep the Warmth In and the Pests Out
As our mild Charleston winters approaches, you may notice the absence of flying insects such as mosquitoes, flies, and bees. We associate these pests with the warmer months, and are thankful that the colder weather brings relief from these nuisance pests. But don’t get complacent, as a lack of flying pests does not mean a lack of all pests during the Low Country’s winter.
Whereas mosquitoes and bees were abound all during the scolding summer, mice, cockroaches, and spiders are still present during the winter months. Pests like these seek shelter from the cold, and unfortunately our warm homes are a place for them to get cozy. It is important as a homeowner in Charleston SC to take preventative measures to keep pests out all year round. Pests are known to carry diseases such as Salmonella and Hantavirus and can contribute to asthma and allergies.
Charleston Pest Control Tips
The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) listed several tips on their website that every homeowner can use to help prevent these winter pests from making your home their home! Some of these pest control tips are listed below:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your home to help prevent rodents from getting inside. Be sure to check the areas where utilities and pipes enter the home as there are often gaps. A mouse can fit through a hole the size of a dime, and Low Country Pest Specialists can help seal up all these problem areas!
- Store firewood 20 plus feet from your home. Mice and ants sometimes make their homes in and around wood piles and attract them to come near your home
- Rodents like to hide in clutter, so keep storage areas organized, and store boxes and containers off the floor.
- Eliminate all moisture issues. Leaking pipes and clogged drains are particularly vulnerable to cockroach infestations. Any areas that have water access, be sure to check for leaks or musty odors.
- Install door sweeps and repair damaged screens in windows. Every crack and crevice in your home is an entry point for pests!
- Install screen vents to chimneys. Keep attics, basements and crawl spaces properly ventilated and dry.
You shouldn’t have to worry about pests during the winter.
With regular Charleston Pest Control Services from Low Country Pest Specialists, you won’t have to!
If you suspect you have a pest infestation or just want to get prepared for Charleston’s winter, contact Low Country Pest Specialists. We’ll come out, evaluate your home and offer you the best pest control solution for your home or commercial property. You can worry about staying warm, decorating for Christmas and enjoying your family during the holidays. We’ll worry about the bugs.
What makes Low Country Pest Specialists the Choice for Charleston Pest Control?
Call us today to find out why the Low Country trusts us. It could be our attention to the little details like knocking down spider webs. Maybe it’s our FREE Mosquito Control offer, or it could just be that we go above and beyond for every customer.
For professional Charleston pest control that offers qualified experience, unparalleled customer service, effective solutions, and safety, contact Low Country Pest Specialists at 843.425.1210 or use our easy contact form for a FREE estimate.
Low Country Pest Specialists is Veteran Owned & Operated.